Joined Nov 20 2013
Do I have an Australian Visa or am I already living in Australia?
Have I applied for an Australian visa or residency?
Do I require sponsorship?
Cut and paste your resume below for assessment and consideration for Australian employment. We recommend removing your contact details and the contact details of your referees if you wish to protect yours and your referees' privacy.
ELFRED JOHN R. VIDOLA
CCIE(R&S) #23266, ITIL V3FOUNDATION
Customer Network DESIGN/PRINCIPAL ENGINEER in Verizon Business, handling WAN/LAN network design and implementation for corporate clients. Accomplished professional offering more than 12 years of key experience in IT and Telecommunications. Results-oriented, adapting to rapidly changing environments and resolving mission-critical issues to ensure success. Excellent communicator, with the versatility to work among various groups and peers to effectively deliver positive results. Strong leadership competencies.
• Network Design, Routing and switching.
• WAN/LAN: MPLS, Ethernet Links, Frame Relay, PPP, MLPPP, ISDN, VLANs, Ether channel, VTP.
• Advanced working knowledge on the following Cisco IOS features: IP routing protocols, LAN Switching and bridging, QoS, security, IP Sec, Tunneling, Multicast and other IP application services.
Principal Design Engineer, Global Engineering Solution - Verizon Business (September 2009-present)
KEY PROJECTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Lead the design, rehabilitation and implementation of multi-Million project for Keppel Network with the following requirements: VRF lite, ZBFW, various first hop redundancies, QoS for real-time and mission critical applications, selective filtering applied to route-map for BGP and OSPF and Multicast application.
• Successfully launched various network protocol to EMEA and APAC Private IP/MPLS customers such as; BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, various first hop redundancy, IP sec, GRE, PBR, different security features, NAT, QoS, ISDN and EVDO back-up. This resulted in rapid improvement in efficiency, speed and stability of our customer’s entire network, with significant cost savings for the organization.
• Manages physical and logical network and develops CPE configuration design for company’s MPLS corporate clients.
• Creates Statement of Requirement and Customer Design Documents.
• Responsible for tier 1 and 2 configuration of managed router in accordance to the customer requirements.
• Responsible for Proof of Concept Implementation.
• Produce device configuration templates to guide implementation team for deployment.
• Provides senior expertise to any complex CPE implementation/design requirements of customer.
• Reviews & verifies customer hardware and software configurations.
• Reviews security, redundancy and availability requirements.
• Works with customer to help develop an application Test Procedural Document.
• Reviews IP addressing scheme & requests after sales support team IP Addressing allocation for secondary addressing for network management.
• Provides support as necessary for level 3 escalations from the implementation phase to after sales support/network operations concern.
Principal Engineer, Managed Services Implementation Engineering- Verizon Business (September 2007-September 2009)
• Provided network provisioning in support of managed WAN and LAN service for Verizon’s MPLS product
• Implemented and ensures timely delivery of customer’s enterprise data network for all of the 3 major regions, US domestic, EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and the Asia Pacific.
• Team Lead / Shift Lead responsible for circuit turn-ups, migrations, moves, additions and changes for a customer’s managed MPLS network.
• Technical design, planning and implementation of standard and complex, non-standard solutions according to customer desired requirements.
• Handled first and second-level escalations related to internal / external customer related concern.
• Act as primary point-of-contact when the team manager is off-shift or off-duty.
• Responsible for IE supervision and workload scheduling and for the assigned shift. Reviews immediate requests for IE support due to escalations and emergencies.
Telecom Consultant-Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co.(October 2003-September 2007)
KEY PROJECTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Lead the bidding, design and implementation of various call centers (i.e. Sykes Asia, Advance Contact Solution, and PeopleSupport Phils.) high BW domestic and international private line/IPVPN data projects.
• Conceptualized technical wireless WAN solution for various banking industries by bridging a non IP based remote SNA application (viaGPRS/3G wireless environment) into IPVPN/MPLS network.
• Provided technical support to sales by evaluating corporate customer telecom and data requirements and recommends network solution based on PLDT group/Global Partner products and services.
• Built network and router configuration templates, IP network test beds that would adapt to specific needs of customers.
• Convened and lead a solution design project team from PLDT and its subsidiaries and affiliates (for converged network requirements) to come up with the most viable network solution for corporate clients.
• Prepared feasibility study, project proposal, bill of materials and project costing for business case analysis.
• Worked with units concerned in collecting opportunity-specific data through marketing investigation and technical coordination, and develop customer’s roadmap of requirements and solutions. Supervised and lead all network requirements for the completion of data projects (logistics, troubleshooting, facility check, capacity, etc.)
Network Engineer-Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co.(March 2001-October 2003)
• Formulated and prepared technical specification for network devices (e.i. router, switch, modems) which served as the minimum requirement for the company.
• Developed, designed and prepared test protocol for network equipment to establish guidelines that will be used to evaluate performance/interoperability of the offered equipment to PLDT.
• Conducted evaluation/testing of network devices for product type-approval, includes: Cisco and Huawei CPE routers, Cisco Switches, different brands/model (Nokia, Zyxel, Efficient, Accton, Netopia, Tailyn, etc) of ADSL/G.shdsl modems, and LAN Category cables.
• Provided technical assistance to concerned organizational units matters related to core networks.
Ateneo de Naga University, Naga City, Philippines
Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering
• ITIL v3 Foundation - February 27, 2012 (Certification # 10667-727610)
• CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK EXPERT (Routing and Switching) – January 21, 2009 (CCIE# 23266)
• CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK PROFESSIONAL (CCIP) - Date of completion: October 3, 2012
• CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK PROFESSIONAL (CCNP) - Date of completion: February 27, 2006
• CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE (CCNA) – November 8, 2002
Certification No. CSCO 10561137
• Electronics and Communications Engineering Licensure Exam - November 2000
License No. 22672