Joined May 16 2012
Do I have an Australian Visa or am I already living in Australia?
Have I applied for an Australian visa or residency?
Do I require sponsorship?
What is my biggest challenge with finding employment in Australia?
Not being in Australia is a disadvantage.
I need to find roles outside of the defence sector where my skillset can be applied, alternatively unclassified roles within the defence sector that do not require Australian security clearance.
My age could be an issue because I am close to the skilled migration visa upper threshold.
Cut and paste your resume below for assessment and consideration for Australian employment. We recommend removing your contact details and the contact details of your referees if you wish to protect yours and your referees' privacy.
LESLIE GLENN YOUNGMAN MIET
A dedicated and professional systems engineer with over 26 years experience in airborne electronic warfare and reconnaissance systems. Experience base covers departmental management, multi-disciplinary engineering team management, international customer facing, systems engineering lifecycle, systems design, systems integration, systems test and digital hardware design. Accustomed to working on projects with difficult goals and tight time schedules. Have a proven track record through the successful execution and delivery of numerous development programmes.
July 2007 – Present Thales Optronics (Bury St Edmunds UK) – Systems Consultant
Jan 1990 – May 2007 SAAB Avitronics (Now SAAB EDS) – Principle Systems Engineer
Aug 1983 – Dec 1989 South African Airforce – Electronic Technologist (EW)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – THALES OPTRONICS (JULY 2007 – PRESENT)
Design Authority – Infra Red Threat Warning System (2011 – Present)
· Overall technical responsibility for the IR Threat Warning System technology demonstrator development, reporting to the Thales Technical Directorate.
· Ensuring system development aligns with product line strategy and goals.
· Systems engineering governance.
· Approval of technical documentation.
· Primary customer technical interface.
Systems Discipline Lead – Bury St Edmunds Site (2009 – 2011)
· Systems discipline lead on site, member of systems steering group.
· Line management of up to 8 systems engineers.
· Ensure system engineering best practise followed on all projects.
· Contribute to defining systems engineering processes for Thales Optronics UK.
Systems Engineer and Design Authority – Reconnaissance Systems (2007 – 2011)
· Design Authority Digital Joint Reconnaissance Pod (DJRP).
· Engineering team leader, 5 software engineers, 3 hardware engineers.
· Task planning and progress monitoring.
· Approval of technical documentation, requirements management, design reviews.
· Delivery of compliant systems, with verification evidence, on time and within budget.
· Responsible for delivered system functionality and performance.
· Successfully completed development and delivered equipment on two export contracts.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – SAAB AVITRONICS (JAN 1990 – MAY 2007)
Integrated Systems Group (ISG) Manager, EW Systems, Saab Avitronics RSA (Feb-May 2007)
· Line management of 20 Systems Engineers and Test Engineers / Technologists.
· Design Authority, responsible for airborne Integrated Defensive Aids Systems (IDAS).
· Primary technical interface to customers and potential customers.
· International travel to provide technical support to programmes and marketing efforts.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – SAAB AVITRONICS (JAN 1990 – MAY 2007) Cont.
Principle Systems Engineer, EW Systems, Saab Avitronics RSA (1998 – 2007)
· Report to Integrated Systems Group manager and Product Development managers.
· Design Authority, technically responsible for Defensive Aids System (DAS) solutions and Radar Warning Systems.
· The technical co-ordination of system requirements and development activities.
· The formulation of system product development strategies and ensuring implementations are in line with product strategies.
· Radar Warning development team leader and line management (4 to 8 engineers).
· Requirements management, system specifications, interface control documents.
· System integration, test, verification and validation.
Principle Technologist, EW Systems, Saab Avitronics RSA (1990 – 1998)
· Electronic processing unit design, integration and performance verification.
· Design of up to 32 bit digital processor circuitry (DSPs and uPs).
· Schematic capture of electronic circuit design.
· FPGA circuit design, placing, routing and simulation.
· Printed Circuit Board (PCB) component layout, placement and routing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – SOUTH AFRICAN AIRFORCE (AUG 1983 – DEC 1989)
Electronic Technologist, Electronic Warfare Centre (1983 – 1989)
· Commission and evaluate EW Radar Warning and Jamming equipment on aircraft.
· Repair and verify Electronic Warfare Radar Warning and Jamming equipment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· National Diploma (Electronics) – 1986 (Level 6 Diploma)
· National Technical Certificate Part 6 – 1984 (Level 6 Certificate)
· National Technical Certificate Part 5 – 1983 (Level 5 Certificate)
· National Technical Certificate Part 4 – 1982 (Level 4 Certificate)
SPECIALIST SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE BASE
· Engineering management.
· Technical team leadership.
· Systems engineering, full lifecycle.
· Requirements management in DOORS.
· Lean 6 sigma green belt qualified.
· Airborne Reconnaissance systems experience.
· Airborne Electronic Warfare – Defensive Aids Systems, Radar Warning, Missile Approach Warning, Laser Warning and Countermeasures Dispensing systems (Integrated).
· English language 100% proficient, good oral and written communication.
· Afrikaans language, good oral and written communication.
· Customer facing.
· Able to interact at all levels.
· Pragmatic, passionate and self motivated.
· Enjoy challenges and work well in pressure situations.
Full names: Leslie Glenn Youngman
Date of birth: 1965, in Johannesburg South Africa
Nationality: United Kingdom
Security Clearance: UK SC and South Africa Armscor S*cret
IET Member Number 90276639
Marital status: Married
Dependants: Two children
Interests: Reading, long distance running, rugby, motorcycle observed trials, classic motorcycles.
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND CHARITY WORK
Director/Trustee – Bishop’s Stortford Shopmobility (Reg Charity) 2009 - Present
Founder member and director of the Bishop’s Stortford Shopmobility charity which in partnership with the East Hertfordshire District Council:
· Provides manual and electric mobility aids free of charge to aged or disabled people for use in Bishop’s Stortford to allow them to conduct their private business and shopping needs.
· The charity relies solely on donations and volunteer effort.
Company Director – Skill Ltd, 2007 - Present
One of four directors of Skill Ltd, a family business run and operated by my wife and her brother. The company retails mobility products ranging from small mobility aids to electric mobility scooters.
References can be provided on request.